Cleveland, OH— The American League Central Division Champion Cleveland Indians provided details on Thursday about what’s new this season at Progressive Field, including the Lexus Home Plate Club, Progressive Charging Lockers, expanded safety netting, new menu items and more.
Lexus Home Plate Club Lexus is now the presenting partner of the Home Plate Club. Updates to this space include new interior and exterior signage throughout the club, Lexus brand ambassadors inside the club offering giveaways and activations throughout the season, and a Jameson branded bar.
Storage & Phone Charging Lockers from Progressive Insurance New to the park this season are storage and phone charging lockers provided courtesy of Progressive Casualty Insurance Company. The 45 storage lockers are perfect for fans who want to stash their belongings and protect souvenirs while cheering on the game. The 72 phone-charging lockers each come equipped with four charging cords, compatible with most phones, so fans can power up and not miss capturing any key moments. The lockers, located in Section 169, are available to fans absolutely free of charge and on a first come, first served basis.
Expanded Safety Netting The Tribe has extended the current safety netting at Progressive Field to the far ends of each dugout. The netting now extends from Section 164 down the third base line to Section 140 down the first-base line. The Tribe added 72’ total in length to both sides of previous backstop. The total width from end to end is 291,’ and the height from field to top of net is 29.’
Food/Beverage Butcher and the Brewer, located on Cleveland’s East 4th Street, will serve its popular food and beer in section 158. Butcher and the Brewer is one of 13 local restaurants on ballpark’s 2018 roster, joining the likes of Melt Bar and Grilled, Barrio, Great Lakes Brewing Company and more.
Plus, there will be a variety of new food options this season. A few of the new menu items available to all fans include:
• Flamethrower (Served in Terrace Club and at Throwing Smoke, section 160)o Pork belly and pulled pork sandwich topped with bacon jam, barbecue sauce, green apple slaw and Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
• Cheesy Bacon Mac Melt (Served at Melt Bar and Grilled, section 113) o Melt sandwich topped with mac and cheese and crisp bacon
• Pizza Logs (Served at Ballpark Classics, section 541 and 559)o Three deep fried pizza sticks with cheese and pepperoni served with marinara sauce
• Top N Go (Served at Locos Nachos location at section 157, taco location at section 529 and nacho location at section 558)
o Melted nacho cheese over Fritos•
Tres Tacos (Served at the taco location, section 529)o Three soft shell flour tortillas filled with chicken or pork, salsa, queso blanco and sour cream
• Club Tacos (Served in the Home Plate Club
o A single taco served on a flour tortilla with carne asada or achiote chicken topped with onion cilantro salsa, crema, cotija cheese, lime wedges and salsa roja
• Club Nachos (Served in the Home Plate Club)o Yellow round tortilla chips loaded with carne asada or chicken topped with onion cilantro salsa, crema, cotija cheese and salsa roja
• Torta De Pollo (Served in the Home Plate Club)o Achiote chicken strip sandwich topped with lettuce, sliced tomato, chipotle mayo and guacamole
• Kielbasa (Served in the Home Plate Club)o Quarter Pound Fresh Kielbasa
The Terrace Club is once again open to the public this season. Seating times can be found on Indians.com, and reservations can be made at OpenTable.com.
New menu items coming to the Terrace Club include:
• North Coast Nachoso Fried kettle chips with steak or chicken, Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold beer cheese sauce, salsa, sour cream, cilantro and green onion• Pop Fly Salado Mixed greens, smoked gouda, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, candied pecans and poppy seed vinaigrette
• Mac Daddy Dog Premium jumbo all-beef hot dog, smoked bacon mac n cheese, pickled fresh jalapenos
• Chicken and Tater Tot Waffles Breaded spicy chicken, tater tot waffles with Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, chives, maple sour cream and siracha
New beer options coming to Progressive Field this season include:• MadTree Brewing
• Butcher and the Brewer
• White Claw
Tito Francona & Son Pasta Sauce Tito Francona & Son Pasta Sauce has launched a new Tomato Basil flavor for the 2018 season. Proceeds from sales benefit Cleveland Indians Charities, whose mission is to advance the opportunities of inner-city participation in sports and school. Tito Francona & Son Pasta Sauce’s new Tomato Basil flavor will be available by the Home Opener, April 6, in retail stores and grocers throughout Northeast and Central Ohio and is distributed by Zidian Specialty Foods. For a complete list of retailers, visit www.FranconaPastaSauce.com.
Jose Jose Salsa Jose Ramirez has developed a new line of salsa inspired by his love of Dominican foods. Jose Jose Salsa is available in both mild and medium, and proceeds from sales will benefit Cleveland Indians Charities. Jose Jose Salsas will be available by the Home Opener, April 6, in retail stores and grocers throughout Northeast and Central Ohio, including Giant Eagle, Heinen’s, Buehler’s, Acme and Dave’s Supermarkets and is distributed by Zidian Specialty Foods. For a complete list of retailers, visit www.JoseRamirezSalsa.com.
McDonald Hopkins As a Cleveland-based law firm that is approaching its 90th anniversary in 2020, McDonald Hopkins is honoring its past and reaffirming its commitment to the community by becoming a Cleveland Indians Community Partner. As one of six Community Partners, McDonald Hopkins will support the Indians’ community impact vision, utilizing baseball to strengthen youth service initiatives that focus on education, health and fitness.
New Partners The Cleveland Indians are proud to announce new partnerships with the following organizations:
• Northern Ohio Ford Dealers
• Orangetheory Fitness
• Marco’s Pizza
• Planet Fitness
StubHub Exclusive Secondary Ticket Provider StubHub is now the exclusive secondary ticket provider for the Cleveland Indians. Effective immediately, only tickets sold and purchased through Indians.com and StubHub will be guaranteed Progressive Field access and a superior level of customer service.
All tickets posted on the secondary market for resale are required to be sold only on StubHub. Any tickets posted, sold, or acquired outside of StubHub on the secondary market can be revoked at any time.
TribeTown MVPs Donated Memberships This year, a new TribeTown MVPs membership feature will allow families to give back. Indians fans now have the option to purchase a membership for a patient at Cleveland Clinic Children's. When you donate a membership in addition to those you purchase for your family, select Cleveland Clinic Children's patients will have the opportunity to receive a donated membership and take part in the membership perks throughout the season.
Huron Road Parking There is a new traffic pattern on Huron Rd. due to the construction on Quicken Loans Arena. The four lanes on Huron Rd. in front of The Q (from Ontario to E. 6th St.) will be reduced to two lanes. The two eastbound lanes closest to The Q will be closed as part of the construction zone.
During non-event times, the two westbound lanes will be split into one east-bound lane and one west-bound lane for vehicles traveling in each direction. During events, both lanes will convert to one-way directional traffic.
Traffic pattern two hours before events (including Indians games):
• Beginning at the Ontario St./ Huron Rd. intersection Huron Rd. will be restricted to only eastbound traffic traveling toward the Gateway East
Garage/Prospect and E. 9th St.
• Huron Rd. will be closed to westbound traffic at Prospect Ave.
Traffic pattern for the end of events (including Indians games):
• Huron Rd. will be dedicated to west-bound traffic only.
• Vehicles departing the Gateway East Garage at the Huron Rd. exit will only be permitted to exit left onto Huron Rd. going west-bound.
About Cleveland Indians Baseball on WMAN
WMAN AM & FM · Mansfield's News, Weather and Sports Station