ASHLAND, Ohio – Ashland University earned “Best Online” distinction in five categories from the highly-respected U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 program rankings. The rankings were announced on Tuesday.
U.S. News, in its 11th year collecting data from distance education master’s and bachelor’s degree completion programs, assessed more than 1,800 online degree programs. The rankings measure overall academic quality, in addition to services offered remotely, available technologies and course delivery best practices – factors that are distinct to the Best Online Programs.
Ashland stood out statewide and was recognized in the following categories:
· Best Online Bachelor’s Programs – No. 6 in Ohio, 124th nationally out of 359
· Best Online Bachelor’s Programs (Business) – No. 5 in Ohio, 127th nationally out of 214
· Best Online MBA Programs – No. 6 in Ohio, 152nd nationally out of 344
· Best Online MBA Programs (Veterans) – No. 5 in Ohio, one of 100 nationally ranked
· Best Online Master’s in Education Programs – No. 8 in Ohio, 142nd nationally out of 329
"Most of the undergraduate programs in the Best Online Programs rankings are degree completion programs, meaning the vast majority of their students already have some college credit," noted Liana Loewus, managing editor of education at U.S. News. "The methodologies are developed with those students in mind, setting these rankings apart from those that are focused on recent high school graduates pursuing higher education for the first time."
U.S. News’ methodology for these rankings is data driven, using varying weights in categories such as student engagement, faculty credentials and training, services and technology, peer assessment and student excellence.