The 59th JC Gorman Wrestling Tournament is taking place Friday, January 7th and Saturday, January 8th at Mansfield Senior High School.
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in Richland County, no spectators will be allowed – only coaches and athletes, who are asked to wear a mask at all times. Wrestlers will not have to wear a face covering when completing and teams will be social distanced. 36 schools are expected to take part in the event, which was cancelled last year due to the pandemic.
However, due to the high transmission of COVID-19 at this time and the desire to make this event as safe as possible, there will be the following conditions in force:
- Teams will be limited to actual participants, four (4) coaches, two (2) stats.
- NO spectators will be admitted.
- Athletes, coaches and other team personnel are asked to wear masks at all times. The only exception is while a wrestler is actively competing.
- Teams will be asked to socially distance within the provided spaces to the fullest extent possible.
- No outside food will be permitted in the building
- Any athlete or staff member who is ill or feeling symptoms that could potentially be COVID-19 should not attend.
- Any school that has the capacity to test their athletes and staff prior to coming to the event is encouraged to do so. We understand that home test kits are difficult to find so this is recommended but not required.