Ashland Library partners with Alzheimer’s Association
Ashland Public Library is proud to partner with the Northwest Ohio Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association to provide programs and drop-in consultations for the public for the remainder of 2018, the entirety of 2019, leading into 2020. All of these programs and consultation sessions will be held at the library and are completely free to the public.
This series will delve into the many stages of the disease and also offer guidance on ancillary topics such as the effects of the disease on legal and financial issues, communication and understanding the behavior of those with Alzheimer’s. The first program of the series is “Know the 10 Signs,” and will be held on Thursday, October 25 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the library.
On November 8, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, the first drop-in consultation session is planned at the library. The public is encouraged to come speak with the representatives from the caring and qualified staff of the Alzheimer’s Association during these consultation sessions about any questions or issues they are experiencing in connection to the disease, whether they are a caregiver, family member or friend, or are afflicted with the disease itself.
The rest of the drop-in consultations will be held from 3:00 to 4:00 pm on the following dates in 2019: January 17, March 21, May 16, July 18, September 19, and December 19. Two sessions are scheduled in 2020, on February 20 and on April 16.
The following is the full list of the programs as scheduled, all planned to begin at 3:00 pm:
* October 25, 2018 – Know the 10 Signs
* December 20, 2018 – Healthy Living for a Healthy Brain
* February 21, 2019 – Effective Communication Strategies
* April 18, 2019 – Dementia Conversations
* June 20, 2019 – Legal and Financial
* August 15, 2019 – Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behaviors
* October 17, 2019 – Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers – Early Stage
* January 16, 2020 – Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers – Middle Stage
* March 19, 2020 – Living with Alzheimer’s for Caregivers – Late Stage
* May 21, 2020 – Living with Alzheimer’s for Younger - Onset
For more information, contact the Tessa Clark, Program Coordinator of the Northwest Ohio Chapter of Alzheimer’s Association at 800-272-3900 or 419-512-5050, or the Ashland Public Library by calling 419-289-8188, visiting www.ashland.lib.oh.us, stopping by the service desk at the main library located at 224 Claremont Avenue, Ashland, Ohio, or via the social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.