Under the direction of Dauphne Maloney and Brian Nabors, the Mansfield Youth Theatre (MY Theatre) will present a free, sensory-friendly performance of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat on the stage of the Renaissance Theatre in Mansfield, Ohio on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 1 PM.
Accommodations for the sensory-friendly performance will include:
- Lower sound and light levels, especially during louder or more dramatic events
- The freedom for patrons to leave their seats or talk during the performance
- Designated quiet areas
- Places to move or stand while still enjoying the performance
- Lower crowd sizes
- Pre-show visits and videos to acclimate to the theatre environment
- Staff and volunteers trained in sensory-friendly accommodations
The performance is free for individuals with special needs and their families. Sensory-friendly accommodations are being made to the performance experience to provide a more pleasant experience for patrons particularly with Autism Spectrum Disorder, a complex developmental disability that affects a person’s ability to communicate and interact with others.
Advance registration is required for the sensory-friendly performance, as tickets are limited. To register, contact the Renaissance Box Office at (419)522-2726 or email Chelsie Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The show will run without sensory accommodations April 20th through April 22nd. More information and tickets are available for the main performances at the Renaissance Box Office, via phone, and at MansfieldTickets.com. Joseph is presented as a part of the Mechanics Bank Education Series, with additional support from the Ohio Arts Council.